Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Armchair BEA 2013 - Introductions

Wow, I can't believe it has been a year already since the last Armchair BEA. Seriously, where does the time go?

Anyway, I'm going to make a huge effort to try and get a bit more involved in it this year and for starters is the usual introduction post so we can all get to know each other a little bit better.


1) Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or something special about your current location. Feel free to share pictures. 

I blog from our humble three bedroom brick home on the NSW Central Coast, Australia. Usually I am sitting on our lounge in front of the TV blogging once our two year old goes to bed late at night.

2) Have you previously participated in Armchair BEA? What brought you back for another year? If you have not previously participated, what drew you to the event? 

I participated (albeit very sparingly) for the first time last year. I came back this year because I wanted to try and be a bit more of an active participant this time around. Also, I want to live vicariously through this event due to us never really having anything on a remotely similar scale to BEA here in Oz.

3) What are you currently reading, or what is your favourite book you have read so far in 2013?

I am currently reading three books at the moment as I've been a bit restless and have been enjoying chopping and changing from one to the other. These three books are:
The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) The Fallen Angels Book Club and The Talisman
4) Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.

I also run a beauty blog. When I had our son two years ago I went a little crazy at home while on maternity leave as I wasn't used to having nothing constructive to do. I started reading a lot of different blogs and always had a bit of a passion for beauty so decided to start my own beauty blog to pass some of the extra hours I suddenly had in a day. I didn't work up the nerve to start my book blog until almost a year later!

5) What is your favourite part about the book blogging community?

Easily the passion everyone just seems to have for books and reading and their willingness to talk forever on the subject. I have been a huge bookworm since as early as I can remember as I was an only child so spent a lot of time at home alone when I was younger with nothing to amuse me except my books. I don't have any friends or family who share the same passion for books that I have and got sick of my hubby getting a blank look on his face whenever I tried to tell him about a great book I was reading.  

6 comments:

  1. I have Raven Boys but haven't read it yet. I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in mixed minds with it at the moment. Hopefully I'll get a bit more into it as I read it further.

      Delete
  2. The passion of book bloggers is the best isn't it? I love this community right to bits!

    I hope you're having a fab ABEA! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's great to find others with as much of a passion about books as I have. It makes me feel less weird :-)

      Delete
  3. Raven Boys is on my wishlist. My husband reacts the same way when I try to talk to him about books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, our poor husbands just need to get used to it and smile and nod.....

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...