Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Quarterly Challenge Update (July-Sept 2012)


So, it is the end of another quarter of 2012. Seriously, where is this year going???

At the start of 2012 I decided to join in on the following three reading challenges:
The 15,000 Page ChallengeThe Chunkster Challenge and The Dusty Bookshelf Challenge.


abductedbybooks.blogspot.com                                       

15,000 Page Challenge
This challenge is obviously to try and read at least 15,000 pages over the year.
* As at the end of March I had managed to finish 5 books with a total of 2,253 pages.
* As at the end of June I managed to finish another 19 books with a total of 4,953 pages.
* Now, at the end of September I've managed to read another 14 books with a total of 4,468 pages. This means I've read a total of 11,674 pages so far this year and I think I am easily on track to get to the 15,000 page mark by the end of the year. Yeehaa!

Chunkster Challenge (Complete!!)
I went for Level 2 in this challenge 'The Plump Primer' where I have to try and read 6 chunksters during the year. A Chunkster is a book of 450 pages or more. I managed to read two books over the 450 page mark as at the end of March and also managed to read another two up to the end of June. For the September quarter I managed to read the following Chunksters:
1) A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin - 835 pages
2) Fifty Shades Darker - E.L. James - 537 pages
3) Pledged - Gwynneth White - 503 pages
4) Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins - 472 pages

Overall, I've surprised myself with this challenge as I didn't think I'd get to as many books over 450 pages as I have. I can't believe I've read 8 already and there's still three months to go. I may have to up my level on this now.

The Dusty Bookshelf Challenge
Again I went for Level 2 in this challenge 'Dust Bunny' where I have to read between 5-10 books. Basically this challenge is to read as many books that you can that you already own which have been accumulating dust on your bookshelf. It doesn't include any newly purchased books. Up to the end of March I managed to read four dusty books but only managed to read another one up to the end of June. For the September quarter I didn't manage to get to any of my old TBR books (sigh...) I really did try but I had too many review commitments and fell behind due to my work and study picking up. Oh well, I will concentrate on this challenge a bit more between now and the end of this year.

So, that's an update on my progress so far. I'm pretty pleased with how I've been going, especially with the 15,000 Page Challenge as I didn't think I'd get anywhere near that by the end of the year but I've surprised myself with how many pages I actually read over a period of time.

Here is my March Quarterly Update and my June Quarterly Update posts if interested.

I hope everyone else is going well with any challenges you have joined or set yourself this year.

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...