Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Random Reads (August 2012)


Random Reads is a monthly meme hosted by I'm Loving Books to encourage us to read some of the books that have been on our TBR list for a long time and may have been forgotten.

I absolutely love the concept of this meme as I am extremely guilty of constantly adding books to read to my pile but then forgetting about them and moving on to others. This will be a great way to slowly start getting to some of the books I've been wanting to read for years.

I'm using my to-read list on Goodreads as my basis to choose from and after putting the numbers into Random.org (I had 247 books to choose from this month!) I got given number 36 which just so happens to be:

Temple

I have had this on my TBR list since July of last year but it has been on my bookshelf ever since my husband first moved in with me as it was originally his book as he was the one who introduced me to Matthew Reilly in the first place. It will also be useful for a couple of the reading challenges I am doing this year too, bonus!

I'll be sure to post a review sometime in August as soon as I finish it.

I'd love to know if anyone else participates in Random Reads and what you will be reading this month if you are :-)

Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Always love when that happens and you can use a surprise book in a challenge :) I haven't seen this one before. It sounds really good though! Hope you enjoy it :)

    I'm doing Random Reads too. Love the meme!

    Anna
    My Random Read

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this book before. :o but, oh well, that's the beauty of it all. Cool read, I'll be sure to wait for the review. I'm doing a random read too, but mine's kinda a recent one. ^_^ Have a good day!
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this meme. It's one of my favourites as it feels like a book lucky dip!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...