Monday, May 28, 2012

Review - Blink by Lloyd Poast

BlinkBlink by Lloyd Poast
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published May 17th 2012 by Books to Go Now
Source: Author for review

Synopsis:
'A teenage boy wanders into a mystical forest ruled by a gypsy goddess named Amaisia Moon.

The forest changes with every blink or head turn and he discovers an ocean where dreams and nightmares literally come alive.'

My Thoughts:
This is a short but very imaginative read. The descriptions are so vivid you find yourself getting lost in the magic world even if only for a short time.

At first I felt the story was a little disjointed with characters and new themes just coming out of the place from every angle but once my mind caught up and realised that this is exactly how it's supposed to feel like I managed to settle into the imaginative world and enjoy the ride.

This story has a very similar feel to Alice in Wonderland with the secret world that the lead character finds himself immersed into where nothing is what it seems. I could definitely see this story being built upon and becoming a full novel one day.

A great, quick fantasy read for when you have a spare half an hour and don't want to be bogged down in a longer story.

Links:
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...